Last modified: October 2020
BNL Eurolens (hereinafter « we »), acting as Data Controller, inform you what personal data of yours we collect when you visit Essilor Sun Solution website or use our services, why we collect it, and what we do with it. These data are collected for the following purposes: commercial prospection, management of your requests. Your personal data means any information relating to you, in particular your name and contact details such as your home address, your telephone number or your email address.
Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice carefully. It is very important that you fully understand how we process your personal data and how we protect your privacy. If you have any questions regarding our use of your personal data, you can of course contact us using the contact details provided below:
Our contact details are : BNL EUROLENS SAS, ZI avenue Paul Langevin, Bellegarde-sur-Valserine, 01200 VALSERHÔNE, France
The contact details of our Data Protection Officer are: Data Protection Office, 147 rue de Paris, 94220 Charenton-le-Pont, France – email@example.com.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Data we collect when you visit our website:
When you access our website, we automatically collect and store some of your data in our server logs and in cookies, which are small files we send to your computer when you visit our website.
However, we do record data related to your browsing on our website, such as the pages that you accessed, the date and time you accessed these pages, your search queries, information on your device (hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifier, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, browser language), the date and time of your request and referral URL.
The provision of your personal data is not required if you only want to visit our website. This means that you may refuse to accept cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly (for more information, refer to the ‘help’ section of your web browser).
Data we collect when you sign up or when you order products
Some of the services offered on our website require you to sign up. If you want to use these services, we will ask you to provide us with personal data. Please provide us with complete and accurate data, and also inform us if your data needs to be updated. If you do not provide us with complete and accurate data, or if you do not inform us that your data needs to be updated, we may not be able to provide you with the services you requested.
We collect the following categories of your personal data:
- Identification data including your title (Mr. / Mrs), your first name, your last name, your company, your country, your email address and your telephone number
- IT data including data related to your browsing on our website, such as the pages that you accessed, the date and time you accessed these pages, your search queries, information on your device (hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, browser language), the date and time of your request and referral URL.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We only use your personal data within the limits authorized by the laws and regulations. Sometimes, we may use your personal data because the laws and regulations require us to do so. In any case, we do not make any automated decisions based solely on automatic processing which may produce legal effects on you, or similarly significantly affect you.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- We use your identification data to enable you to (i) contact us via the website, (ii) make any other request you may have. Such a process is based either on a contract executed between us or, if we are not in a contractual relationship, on your consent to our processing of your personal data;
- We use your IT data (i) to ensure the technical management of the website (including solving technical issues, ensuring technical security, improvement), (ii) for analytics and other statistical purposes. Such a process is based on your acceptance of Cookies.
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The period for which we store your personal data is shown below:
- Identification data : 3 years from collection
- IT data : 3 years from collection
PERSONAL DATA WE SHARE
We inform you that we are only likely to share your personal data with public authorities at the request of their last, or other companies of the Essilor Group. Only duly authorized employee shall be able to access your data, and for the sole achievement of the purposes indicated above.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
We have measures in place to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure including, without limitation, the following measures:
- We implement and maintain sophisticated technical measures to ensure that your personal data is recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security;
- We implement and maintain appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data, and on monitoring the access, use, and transfer of personal data;
- All of our employees who have access to your personal data are required to enter into non-disclosure or similar agreements, which imposes obligations on them to comply with our data privacy and confidentiality requirements;
- We require any business partners and third party service providers with whom we may share your personal data to comply with any applicable data privacy and confidentiality requirements;
- We provide data privacy training on a regular basis to our employees and third parties who have access to personal data.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE
Under applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have the right to:
- Access, rectify, and/or erase your personal data;
- Restrict or object to its processing;
- Tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing information;
- In some circumstances, require certain of your personal data to be transferred to you or a third party;
- To the extent our processing of your personal data is based upon your consent, withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We are committed to enabling you to exercise your rights and, to do so, you can contact us using the following contact detail : firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide us with the following information, so that we can act on your request with all due consideration:
- Your name and surname, and a photocopy of your identity document;
- Your specific request (in other words, what rights you want to exercise); and
- The date and your signature.
If you are not fully satisfied with our response, you can also complain about our processing of your personal data to the relevant data protection authority.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy Notice, in particular to ensure that it complies with new laws and regulations regarding data protection. But, although this Privacy Notice may change from time to time, we will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Notice without your explicit consent.
You need to know more about our solutions
for sport & performance by ESSILOR® SUN SOLUTIONTM?